Sunday, August 12, 2012

 My Mom decided to move to Houston Texas (actually Humble) to be near her half-Sister Shirley. So we took the train to visit and look for a house. It was really hard to leave the only place we had called home and move to a place we had never been, to be close to someone we didn't even know!   
 We bought a house next door to my Aunt and settled in to our new life.We had a nice house and attended a great school. Little did we know that Mother was fighting a battle with cancer. She had a complete hysterectomy where all the cancer was removed.I thank God everyday for that he didn't take my Mom also.Just when we were feeling like we were home, my Mom met and married Eddie Coats. He was the first cousin of my Aunts husband David Cullins.Shortly after we packed up again and moved to Pine Bluff Arkansas.I will never forget when we went back to Atlanta to tell Aunt Marion and Uncle Clyde that we were moving to Arkansas,Aunt Marion said" Is that close to ArKansas". I love that woman!!! I don't think that they were too happy that Mother had married that soon after Daddy's death.I wasn't very happy about it either!
 We arrived in Pine Bluff  in the early morning hours. We went to my Step-Dad's Mother's house,where we stayed until we could find a house for us. It was so different than the way we had lived before.We went from the nice middle class neighborhood just the four of us, to living in a two bedroom house with four kids in one bedroom (my step-Brother James, had come to live with us) and my Mom and my step-Dad ( whom I felt like I barely knew) in the other bedroom.
 I was feeling so lonesome even in this crowd of people......

No comments:

Post a Comment